User Access Agreement
The purpose of this website (this "Site") is to allow you, as a medical provider or medical examiner, to verify medical claim payment information or to set up independent medical examinations or peer reviews of claimants of the insurers comprising the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies® ("Farmers"). In order to access this Site, you must agree to comply with the terms of this user access agreement. If you do not agree to comply with the terms of this user access agreement, then you are not authorized to use this Site, and you must not access or otherwise use the Site, or permit any other persons to do so. Accordingly, you agree as follows:
- If you are a medical provider, you will only access information on claimants to whom you have provided medical services and only to verify insurance claim payment. If you are a medical examiner, you will only access information on claimants for whom you have been asked to set up an independent medical examination or peer review and only for such purposes. The purposes described above are hereinafter referred to as the "Permitted Purpose". You will not use this Site for any other purpose.
- All information that you obtain from this Site is confidential, and you will not disclose to any other party or use any such information unless such disclosure or use is necessary for the Permitted Purpose.
- If you are authorized to input any information into this Site, or provide Farmers with information to be input into, or otherwise used in conjunction with, this Site, then you agree to assume sole and complete responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, quality and timeliness of all information that is input by you into the Site, or is provided by you to Farmers, including user names, login, password, and security information, and for promptly reporting to Farmers any and all errors, omissions and updates to the foregoing.
- You will be granted a unique user identification and password. You will keep such user identification and password confidential and will not share them with any other person. At any time and at its sole discretion, Farmers may permanently or temporarily revoke, suspend, or otherwise terminate your authority to access this Site with or without notice.
- You agree at all times to use this Site, and to perform your obligations under this agreement, in compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, including those applicable to the provision of health care services or payment for such services, laws relating to confidentiality of patient-related information, and laws governing billing and collecting payments from users and arrangements between providers and sources of referrals of patients, medical services or supplies. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to assume sole and complete responsibility for ensuring that your use of this Site and the information you obtain from this Site are at all times in compliance with the security and privacy requirements of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and regulations promulgated thereunder, as such laws and regulations may be amended or replaced from time to time, including the standards for the security of individually identifiable health information and the standards for the privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- THIS SITE IS PROVIDE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. FARMERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS SITE (EVEN IF FARMERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) OR THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH MISTAKES OR OMISSIONS IN, OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF, INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE USER, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONNECTIONS TO THIS SITE OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS SITE.
- You have read the Legal Disclaimer and you acknowledge that your use of this Site is subject to the terms and conditions of the Legal Disclaimer.
Checking the "I agree with the User Access Agreement" indicates that you have read, completely understand, and agree to uphold the contents of this user access agreement.